How you sleep has a huge impact on your daily overall health and well being. Now, while that is not exactly breaking news, it is all too often overlooked. Everything about your sleeping arrangements, from the clothes you wear, to the pillow you use can impact your sleep patterns in either a positive or negative way. We see people everyday who are having issues that could be alleviated with some updating to their sleep situation. The following is a list o the top 10 reasons why it might be time to update your mattress and pillows to something a little more accomodating to your spinal health.
- Neck discomfort is noticed as you get out of bed.
- You spend a lot of time changing sleep positions throughout the night and Can’t get comfortable.
- You have headaches that originate at the base of your skull.
- You have low BACK PAIN every morning.
- Your mattress is over 6 years old.
- It’s only possible to get comfortable with several pillows stacked/bunched/rolled etc.
- Discomfort is felt in your shoulder or hip while lying on your side.
- Your quality of sleep has gradually worsened over time.
- You don’t feel well rested in the morning.
- You’ve tried everything else!
The chiropractic physicians at Starkwood Chiropractic can help direct you towards the correct mattress or pillow that will further improve your quality of life. In the next blog we will talk about choosing the right mattress or pillow, and recommendations for knowledgeable, locally-owned retailers nearby.