Nearly 50% of the population suffers from headaches; a majority is burdened with types readily treatable by CHIROPRACTIC CARE. Many of us have had one or more of those “debilitating” headaches in our life. If you have, then you know that it is no fun and you would do almost anything to make it stop. Chiropractic treatment for headaches is often overlooked , but can be a great way to get the relief you have been searching for.
The most common types of headaches include:
1. Tension headaches: most common; described as pressure or tightness, like a band around the head, sometimes spreading into or from the neck. Typically affects both sides.
2. Cervicogenic headaches: pain originating from the upper cervical spine, precipitated by neck movements or prolonged postural positions. Typically affects one-side.
3. Migraines: common or classic types. Migraine is recurrent, often life-long, and characterized by attacks with nausea, vomiting, light/sound sensitivity.
4. Cluster headaches: relatively uncommon, episodic or chronic forms. Brief recurrent attacks but extremely severe headache associated with pain around the eye with tearing and redness.
5. Medication over-use headache: caused by chronic and excessive use of medication to treat headache.
Other secondary causes of headaches may be dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, stress or sinusitis.
Your physicians at Starkwood Chiropractic treat all of the most common types of headaches. Specializing in treating the musculoskeletal root of the problem they are able to determine whether muscle tissue, vertebral joints, or nutrition are the culprit. Research continues to show chiropractic adjustments and manual therapies are effective treatment alternatives to medication for tension, cervicogenic, and migraine headaches.
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
Areas We Serve
Located in the East Portland/Gresham area means our offices are easily accessible from I-205 and I-84 for your convenience. Our Portland chiropractic offices are conveniently located in Portland near Gresham. Our service area includes Portland, Gresham, Troutdale, Parkrose, Mount Tabor, Mill Park, Wood Village, Fairview, Clackamas, Rockwood and the rest of the Portland Metro Area including Vancouver, Washington.