If it’s your first time visiting a chiropractor, you might not be sure of what to expect or how to dress. Your chiropractic visit should not be a source of nervousness or discomfort. So to make your experience an easier and more enjoyable one, we’ve created a simple list of chiropractic dos and don’ts.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing and underwear. If you’re going for an adjustment, wear loosely fitting clothing that won’t get in your doctor’s way while he adjusts you. Your body is going to be moving around a lot, so avoid wearing anything that might give you an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction. A t-shirt and shorts or leggings should suffice.
- Practice good personal hygiene. Your doctor is going to be right in your personal space, so be aware of that. If you’re sweaty or smelly- it might be a little awkward and unpleasant for both of you. Don’t do anything that requires you to break a sweat before your appointment. For instance, going to the gym beforehand and then showing up without having taken a shower is inconsiderate.
- Remember that after-care is important. It’s not uncommon for some people to feel a little “man-handled” after their adjustment. You might feel slightly stretched out or even stiff, but that’s just your body adjusting. Take a long bath in epsom salts when you get home to help ease any tension or pain you might be feeling.
- Tip your doctor. While tipping a massage therapist is common practice at a spa, you don’t need to do that here. Chiropractors are not massage therapists, and don’t require a tip. Treat them as you would any other doctor who was providing you with a medical service.
- Overdo it with your perfume. While you might enjoy the smell of your own cologne, you can never be sure if your doctor is allergic to strong perfumes. Strong odors can really make the session uncomfortable, especially since the doctor will be very much in your personal space. Err on the side of caution and stick to a subtle anti-perspirant if you feel self conscious about body odor.
- Forget to relax. Your first chiropractor visit might be a little nerve wracking, especially if you’re not particularly comfortable with physical closeness. Just remember that you’ll feel much better after the appointment is over, and any of the initial awkwardness will be worth it when you feel how relaxed you are.
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
Areas We Serve
Located in the East Portland/Gresham area means our offices are easily accessible from I-205 and I-84 for your convenience. Our Portland chiropractic offices are conveniently located in Portland near Gresham. Our service area includes Portland, Gresham, Troutdale, Parkrose, Mount Tabor, Mill Park, Wood Village, Fairview, Clackamas, Rockwood and the rest of the Portland Metro Area including Vancouver, Washington.