Sports Injury Chiropractor Portland, Oregon
Starkwood Chiropractic is a leading provider of sports injury chiropractic care in the greater Portland metro area.
Portland is the perfect city for active people. There are tons many local sports clubs and leagues to join, bike trails to discover and hikes to take. Here at Starkwood Chiropractic, we know that having an active lifestyle is an important part of staying healthy. Participating in sports on a social, recreational or professional level is a great way to exercise and stay fit. However, like most things that require physical exertion, the risk for suffering from an injury is very common. Sports injuries can affect everyone, from all age groups and fitness levels and should you have a sporting accident, it’s important to get the proper care and rehabilitation you need to get better. We understand that every athlete’s needs are different, so that’s why we work with you and your medical provider to create a treatment program that’s customized to suit your needs and lifestyle.
Types of Sports Injuries
Some of the problems we’ve treated at our Portland chiropractor include:
- Strains: Caused by an overextension or twisting of a joint or muscle.
- Sprains: Minor or major tearing of ligaments.
- Tendinosis: Often a result of over training, tendinitis occurs when joints are put under the stress of overuse. The tendon becomes inflamed, causing pain, discomfort and dysfunction.
- Stress Fractures: Stress fractures occur when someone puts an abnormal amount of stress on a normal bone. For instance, this may occur in a runner who rapidly increases the amount of mileage while training for a race. Stress fractures also occur in people who begin running as a form of exercise but overdo it from the start, rather than gradually progressing to longer distances.
Chiropractic Care For High School Athletes
Playing sports in high school is a great way to learn social skills, discipline and keep active. If you are a parent of a high school athlete, you’ll know just how susceptible your children are to injury on the track or field. Pain can seriously affect your teenager’s quality of life and schoolwork. Unchecked sports injuries can also affect your child’s growth and development, causing pain in the future, so if your child has suffered a sports injury it’s important to get it checked out and treated as soon as possible.
Chiropractic Care For Recreational Sports Injuries
Whether you put your back out playing soccer, or sprain your ankle on a hike, recreational sports injuries can be very inconvenient and painful. Even if the injury is minor, it’s important to give it proper medical attention to prevent further damage to the affected area. Our Portland chiropractors will work with you to get you back on your feet and living life as you usually do in no time.
Professional Sports Injuries and Chiropractic Care
As a professional athlete, you are particularly susceptible to aches, strains and injuries that come with your career.At Starkwood Chiropractic, we know how important it is for you to get back on the court after your injury, and Regular chiropractic care will ensure that your body recovers from said injuries in a way that doesn’t harm your career.
Sports Injury Prevention
While accidents can and do happen, there are a few things you can do to prevent the likelihood of you suffering from a sports injury.
- Proper stretching / warm up
- Adequate hydration
- Wearing the correct protective gear
- Increasing intensity of exercise slowly
- Allowing your body a ‘cooling down’ period after a strenuous workout/ training session.
Starkwood Chiropractic is proud to service the sport injury needs of the Portland metropolitan area and surrounds. Come and see us today.